This OME Juniper open back banjo has an 11" curly rim and neck, ebony fingerboard, and a striking floral MOP inlay pattern.
This Juniper has been customized with their Vintage tone ring. According to OME:
The OME VINTAGE tone ring is designed to have a large contact surface between the brass ring and the maple rim which tends to bond the tone ring and rim together, producing a very clear and responsive tonal effect. It is also about 30% heavier than the rolled brass ring for additional response.
OME's Description of the Juniper
The 11” body gives a brighter, crisper tone while the 12” size produces more warmth and bass.
The abalone and MOP inlays add elegance and beauty to this simple but graceful instrument, which is offered in mahogany, walnut, and curly maple woods.
- Curly maple neck
- 26.25” scale & 1.28” nut width
- 17 Fret ebony fingerboard with S-scoop
- Two-way adjustable truss rod
- Juniper MOP & Abalone shell inlays
- Victorian peghead with ebony overlay
- Boat shaped ebony capped heel
- Inlaid front and side position markers
- Hardened nickel-silver frets and bone string nut
- Capo spikes at 7th and 9th frets
- OME Planetary tuners with amber knobs
- Tung-oil varnish finish
- 11” 2-ply maple rim with Vintage tone ring
- Ebonite capped and simulated tortoise bound rim
- 24 rim brackets & Sweetone tailpiece
- Heavy notched tension hoop & Renaissance head
- Two adjustable brass rim rods & Trillium bridge
- Nickel hardware & satin lacquer finish
- Deluxe hard-shell, plush-lined case
- Rosewood armrest ($75)