OME Tupelo open back banjo with an and optional mahogany neck and 11" mahogany rim.
The humble Tupelo is one of our favorite OME models--we love its uncomplicated design and open, resonant voice.
Description courtesy of OMEBanjos.com:
The OME Tupelo is our most basic old-time model. It features our shorter 25.5” scale, wider 1.34” nut width, and our 17 fret S-scoped fingerboard.
The 2-ply solid mahogany rim is 9/16” thick and is capped with black ebonite and bound with simulated tortoise shell. The 12” maple tone rim construction combined with less brackets and wood rim-rod produce our “woodiest” old-time banjo tone.
The Tupelo is made with the same care and precision as other OME instruments and comes complete with our deluxe hard-shell case and Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- Mahogany neck
- 25.5” scale
- 1.34” nut width
- 17-fret ebony fingerboard with S-scoop
- Two-way adjustable truss rod
- Rectangular peghead with rosewood overlay
- Boat shaped ebony capped heel
- Inlaid front and side position markers
- Hardened nickel-silver frets and bone string nut
- Capo spikes at 7th and 9th frets
- OME planetary tuners with amber knobs
- Tung-oil varnish finish
- 11” 2-ply mahogany OME tone rim
- Ebonite capped and simulated tortoise bound rim
- 24-rim brackets and heavy notched tension hoop
- Renaissance Head and Sweetone Tailpiece
- Adjustable wood rim-rod & Trillium bridge
- Satin lacquer finish & Aged Brass hardware
- Deluxe hard-shell case & Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Optional OME rosewood armrest