Ome Minstrel 12" open back 5-String banjo with cherry neck and rim.
The Minstrel's minimal appointments make for a no-frills banjo that offers the impeccable craftsmanship and playability you'd expect from an OME in a more budget-friendly package.
With a tone ring-free design and only 14 hooks, the Minstrel is a very lightweight banjo (5.3 lbs) with an open, airy, woody tone perfect for players seeking an authentic old-time voice.
Comes equipped with hardwood armrest.
Includes hardshell case.
• Cherry neck
• 25.5” scale and 1.34” nut width
• 17-fret ebony fingerboard with S-scoop
• Two-way adjustable truss rod
• MOP Star in fingerboard scoop
• Scroll peghead with ebony overlay
• Boat-shaped ebony capped heel
• Inlaid front and side position markers
• Hardened nickel-silver frets and bone string nut
• Capo spikes at 7th and 9th frets
• OME Planetary tuners with amber knobs
• Tung oil varnish finish
• 12” 2-ply cherry OME Tone Rim
• Ebonite capped & simulated tortoise bound rim
• 14 rim brackets & heavy notched tension hoop
• Remo Renaissance head
• Sweetone tailpiece
• Adjustable wood rim-rod & Trillium bridge
• Satin lacquer finish & aged brass hardware
• Deluxe plush-lined, hard-shell case
Serial number 7447. Banjo pictured is the actual item for sale.