This OME Alpha features a 12" rim fitted with OME's 5/16" rolled brass tone ring, providing a boost in volume and brilliance without adding too much weight.
Curly maple rim with a mahogany neck. Natural tung oil finish. Ebony fingerboard with frailing scoop.
The aged brass hardware and simple cross inlays on the headstock and scoop give this banjo an understated elegance.
Weighs 7.6 lbs.
Includes wooden armrest and hardshell case.
The ALPHA utilizes the OME 5/16” rolled brass tone-ring fitted to our 9/16” 2-ply solid maple rim to increase tonal response and brilliance. The Alpha abalone and MOP shell star inlays add elegance and beauty to this simple but graceful instrument.
• South American Mahogany neck
• 26.25” scale & 1.28” nut width
• 17 Fret ebony fingerboard with S-scoop
• Two-way adjustable truss rod
• Alpha MOP & Abalone shell inlays
• Victorian peghead with ebony overlay
• Boat shaped ebony capped heel
• Inlayed front and side position markers
• Hardened nickel-silver frets and bone string nut
• Capo spikes at 7th and 9th frets
• OME Planetary tuners with amber knobs
• Tung-oil varnish finish
• 12” 2-ply maple rim
• OME 5/16” rolled brass tone ring
• Ebonite capped and simulated tortoise bound rim
• 26/12” rim brackets & Sweetone tailpiece
• Heavy notched tension hoop & Renaissance head
• Two adjustable brass rim rods & Trillium bridge
• Aged Brass hardware & satin lacquer finish
• Deluxe hard-shell, plush-lined case.
• OME rosewood armrest