Ome Minstrel 12" open back 5-String banjo with maple neck and rim.
The Minstrel's minimal appointments make for a no-frills banjo that offers the impeccable craftsmanship and playability you'd expect from an OME in a more budget-friendly package.
With a tone-ring free design and only 14 hooks, the Minstrel is very lightweight banjo with an open, airy, woody tone that is perfect for players seeking an authentic old-time voice.
Comes equipped with optional hardwood armrest.
Weighs 5.6 lbs.
Includes hardshell case.
The Minstrel is similar to the Tupelo except it has a mid 19th century scroll peghead and a four-pointed MOP star inlaid in the fingerboard S-scoop. It includes a deluxe hard-shell, plush-lined case, and Limited Lifetime Warranty.
• Maple neck
• 25.5” scale and 1.34” nut width
• 17 Fret ebony fingerboard with S-scoop
• Two-way adjustable truss rod
• MOP Star in fingerboard scoop
• Scroll peghead with rosewood overlay
• Boat shaped Ebony capped heel
• Inlaid front and side position markers
• Hardened nickel-silver frets and bone string nut
• Capo spikes at 7th and 9th frets
• OME Planetary tuners with amber knobs
• Tung-oil varnish finish
• 12” 2-ply maple OME Tone Rim
• Ebonite capped & simulated tortoise bound rim
• 14 rim brackets & heavy notched tension hoop
• Renaissance Head & Sweetone tailpiece
• Adjustable wood rim-rod & Trillium bridge
• Satin lacquer finish & Aged Brass hardware
• Deluxe plush-lined, hard-shell case
Serial number 7345.