This beautiful OME Mira 11" open back banjo has been customized with a curly maple neck and resonator, "Raw Sienna" stain, and a rosewood armrest.
It also comes with a radiused ebony fingerboard, a feature not found on many open-back banjos.
The OME tone ring has their signature vintage finish, giving this banjo a rich aged look right out of the box. It also gives the Mira a crisp, bright sound that offers a bit more projection and "cut" than other open back banjos.
One feature that jumps out at us is the headstock and fingerboard inlays, which make use of two different shades of pearl to create an interesting contrasting design.
The MIRA features the OME Vintage brass tone ring fitted to our 11”, 2-ply solid maple rim to produce our clearest, brightest old-time banjo tone.
The Mira’s neck has a radiused ebony fingerboard with 17 frets and an S-scoop, or optional 22 frets without an S-scoop.
Select curly maple tonewoods, classic abalone and MOP shell inlays in the peghead, fingerboard, and heel cap, make the Mira an exceptional instrument.
• Curly maple ($200 upgrade)
• 25.5” scale and 1.34” nut width
• 17 fret radiused ebony fingerboard with S-scoop
• Two-way adjustable truss rod
• MOP & abalone Mira inlays.
• Victorian peghead with ebony overlay
• Boat shaped heel with ebony cap
• Inlayed front and side position markers
• Hardened nickel-silver frets and bone string nut
• Capo spikes at 7th and 9th frets
• OME planetary tuners with amber knobs
• Tung-oil varnish finish
• Optional 22 frets without S-scoop
• 11” 2-ply solid maple rim
• OME Vintage brass tone ring
• Capped and simulated tortoise bound rim
• Heavy notched tension hoop & 24 rim brackets
• Renaissance head & Sweetone tailpiece
• Adjustable rim rod & Trillium bridge
• Aged brass hardware & satin lacquer finish
• Deluxe hard-shell, plush-lined case.
• OME rosewood armrest ($75 upgrade)