This North Star 11" open back banjo features a flame maple neck and rim with a beautiful "Raw Sienna" finish.
Like all OME banjos, the North Star features amazing craftsmanship and incredible attention to detail. The result is a gorgeous banjo that sounds amazing and is a joy to play.
The NORTH STAR features the OME Vintage brass tone ring fitted to our 11”, 2-ply solid maple rim to produce our clearest, brightest old-time banjo tone.
Curly maple tone-woods, classic abalone and MOP shell inlays in the peghead, fingerboard, and heel cap, make the North Star an exceptional instrument. Available in 5-string 11” style.
- Curly maple
- 25.5” scale and 1.34” nut width
- 17-fret Ebony fingerboard with S-scoop
- Two-way adjustable truss rod
- Mother-of-Pearl & Abalone inlays
- Victorian peghead with Ebony overlay
- Boat-shaped Ebony-capped heel
- Inlaid front and side position markers
- Hand-filed and shaped hardened nickel-silver frets and bone string nut
- Capo spikes at 7th and 9th frets
- OME 4:1 planetary tuners with amber acrylic knobs
- Tung-oil varnish finish – optional hand-stained and satin finished Maple
- 11” multi-ply curly maple rim
- OME machined brass tone ring
- Ebonite-capped and simulated Tortoise-bound rim
- 24 rim brackets and heavy notched tension hoop
- Renaissance head and Sweetone tailpiece
- Wood rim-rod and Sosebee bridge
- Varnish finished or hand-stained satin finished; aged brass OME hardware
- Deluxe hard-shell case and Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Rosewood OME armrest