OME North Star 5-string resonator banjo with walnut neck and resonator.
The OME North Star banjo combines elegant simplicity with classic design and construction to offer a quality hand-made instrument at a modest price.
This banjo features a walnut neck and resonator; aged brass hardware, the OME Vintage Flathead construction, and tung-oil varnish finish.
The OME Vintage tone ring is designed to have a large contact surface between the brass ring and the maple rim which tends to bond the tone ring and rim together, producing a very clear and responsive tonal effect. It is also about 30% heavier than the rolled brass ring for additional response.
- Walnut neck
- 22 Fret 26.25” scale
- 1.28” nut width
- Double-cut Indian rosewood peghead & fingerboard
- Two-way adjustable neck truss rod
- Abalone & MOP custom North Star inlays
- Inlayed front and side position markers
- Capo Spikes at 7th and 9th frets
- OME Planetary tuners with amber knobs
- Hardened nickel-silver frets & bone string nut
- Tung oil varnish finish
- Heavy notched brass tension hoop & 24 brackets
- Vintage tone ring
- One-piece zinc-alloy resonator flange
- Walnut resonator
- Two adjustable brass rim rods
- Sweetone tailpiece & rosewood Armrest
- Sosebee bridge & choice of OME head
- Aged brass hardware
- Tung-oil varnish finish
- Deluxe hardshell plush-lined case