From the UTEBanjos.com homepage:
UTE Banjos are basic, no-frills instruments that are designed to capture the spirit and flavor of the late 19th and early 20th century banjos.
These instruments give maximum tone, response, and playability for an affordable price.
The Premium has more hooks than the Standard model but is otherwise identical.
Each instrument is hand-made in our shop in Boulder, Colorado from US and imported materials and parts, and comes complete with a padded gig bag.
- African Mahogany Neck with Adjustable Truss Rod
- 26-3/16” scale & 1-3/16” nut width
- Rosewood Fingerboard with 22 Nickel Silver Frets
- Double-cut vintage peghead with UTE inlayed Logo
- Comfortable neck profile
- Classic boat-shaped heel
- Inlayed front & side position dots
- 5th String edge-scoop & 7th fret capo spike
- ODE planetary gear tuners with Amber knobs
- 11” multi-ply black maple Tone-rim construction.
- Brass trimmed wood rim-rod
- Heavy notched brass tension hoop
- 24 Heavy rim brackets
- Aged Nickel & Brass Hardware
- Tung-oil varnish & lacquer wood finish
- Renaissance Head
- Trillium Maple & Ebony Bridge
- No-knot Tailpiece & D’Addario medium strings
- Gig Bag
- Two Year Limited Warranty
- Optional Exotic Wood Armrest